Establishing Red Ribbon Clubs in colleges will serve many purposes: educating youth and other members in the wider community on sexuality and HIV/AIDS, development of life skills for students involved, and instilling a spirit of compassion towards people living with HIV/AIDS in our country.
To reduce the occurrence of new sexually transmitted infections (incidence), particularly HIV, among youth.
- To increase awareness on sexual reproductive health and HIV/AIDS
- To impart skills on communication, self-protection, negotiation, and effective group interaction
- To prepare youth as peer educators/agents of change by developing their skills on leadership and team building.
- To encourage blood donations
- To serve as forums for students to participate in the fight against HIV/AIDS